Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October's Pictures from Kawashimo Yochien

Claire's Yochien sent home pictures on the last day of the month.  They are just so precious!  There are many.....enjoy if you can get through all of them!  ☺

The first few are from Sports Day. 
So happy to be with her best friend Ryu!
What absolutely AMAZED me about this day is that it was so long (8:30 - 11:30) and Claire and Ryu weren't in many "events" or dances and they sat on the stage and just were happy as can be, not being naughty (3 year old naughty...you know, running around) at all, but just sitting there, talking and laughing with each other.  I was really proud of my Claire Bear!  ☺
Here was their first "race."  Or was it the second?  Any way....not the one you saw the video of.
Because that one is here.
This looks like the moment where she stops and waits for Ryu so they can cross the finish line together.  Otherwise known as "one of my favorite/proudest moments of being a Mom!"
Then here's some pictures of a "picnic" they had. In case you're getting bored....I'm going to lead with our favorite picture of all of them!
Mick said this was like a alternative band album cover from Lawrence, Kansas.  "From their latest review, ♪♫ ♪The Red Hats ♪♫ ♪ blend a loud American punk sound fused with Asian cool rhythms to provide the listener a quixotic blend of musical pleasure." ☺  
Just a pretty picture of my happy-go-lucky Claire Bear!
Picnic time!
One of the really interesting things to me is the location of the Yochien.  You park in a parking lot about a block or two away from the school and then go down the road and then up through a winding little path (album cover) beside regular houses and then there is this small farmland (where the kids here are going to their daily tending of the crops....HA! Just making sure you're reading!), a temple and then the school.  Living in Japan is so interesting!!!! ☺
Such lush playgrounds here in Japan!
Ending this series with another beautiful picture of my Claire Bear!
Here's some random classroom shots.
They do crafts and crafts and crafts!  Regrettably, we'll be in Tokyo for their "Craft Show" to retrieve all of her beautiful work officially, but Sensei Ai has assured me that I will still be able to get my grubby paws on it.  ☺
Claire with Ryu, of course, her BFF.  Claire has always had boys among her BFF repertoire.  Started out with Mikey, her first nanny's son and then it was Nathan, at Lamb of God, her first daycare and now Ryu!  He gets on the bus the stop after her and his Mom, Miki, told me they always sit together in the mornings.  I see her sitting with him in the afternoon. 
I think this is perhaps the English Education that we pay an extra 400 yen (about $5) a month for.  Claire looks fired up, doesn't she?
A failed experiment in piggy tails.


And then the last picture series is of the Halloween party they had at school.  Don't worry!  I have another whole blog post about this planned!  ☺
Claire and Ryu?  Who knew?
I'm actually not sure who this is, but she assisted the Senseis during the Halloween party.  I'm guessing a Year 2 or 3 Mom.  She may be American but she's got the Japanese PEACE down!  ☺
The bags were made by Sensei Ai as well and they are positively adorable.  But is anybody else noticing that Claire is doing a perfect "Hook 'em Horns!" on one hand and the "Peace" sign on the other?  She CRACKS me up!!!!!
And here's her new expanded class with the fabulous Sensei Ai and Claire doing "Hook 'em Horns" and "Peace!" 
And then, presumably, this is the Buddhist Temple that they got to monthly....perhaps.  (Aren't you appalled with how little I really know?)

We're proud that she's learning so much about the Japanese culture! 
Another month of loving Kawashimo!!!!!  
Thank you Sensei Ai for the great care you are giving my Claire Bear! 

2 comments:

  1. Great pics of sweet Claire. Love the album cover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough pictures of the Yochien. It looks like Claire loves it!! She's delightful!

    ReplyDelete