Sunday, November 21, 2010

Claire's Yochien's Halloween Party

I'm trying to get caught up on my "big" posts because we're going to Tokyo on Wednesday for Thanksgiving!

As promised, here is a slew of pictures from Claire's cute Halloween party at Kawashimo Yochien!

All of the kids could dress up or if they didn't have a costume, then the Yochien supplied one for them.  Gigi wanted to dress up in the clown costume that Grandma sent over for her.  :)
Claire's Snow White costume is being kept safe from the crafts until party time under her smock!
Then we went upstairs for the party and as it was for the Sports Day program, Claire didn't sing any of the songs, but she sure liked waving at me!!!!!!  ☺
This is Ryu's beautiful Mom, Miki, and her sweet little girl Kiera. 
Maybe Kiera and Gigi will be BFF's in Kawashimo in a few years like Ryu and Claire! ☺
They had lots of cute little games.  They would pick a few children's names out of a hat to let them participate.  Claire was picked for the first game that was, from what I could tell, a chance to throw (fabric) rotten tomatoes at a house.  ☺
Explaining the game to us....the house is on the left. 
I ran over and told Claire what the object of the game was and what she was to do.  She looked a bit overwhelmed....well, after she stopped waving, she looked overwhelmed.  She loves the wave!
She was very thoughtful but launched her tomatoes well and was proud to get her prize!
And then Sensei Ai told us a story. 
I'm sure it was a very cute plot.  ☺
And then they did a little gambling game, which pumpkin is the candy under?
Gigi crawled over to this woman and stared at her for a while.  It was so funny to me because she's usually like white on rice to me and then when she does venture away from me, she doesn't stay in one place for long!
And then the final game was one where every kid could play.  The big brothers and sisters did this one in the obstacle course at Sports Day, so it must be a fairly common Japanese game.
You have to bite the candy (actually, I think this is a donut) off of the string without using your hands.  ☺
It was a really sweet party!  After we left they changed back into their uniform and I don't think I've shared with you a picture of Claire's "winter" uniform.  She came home this day with a sweet little cover for her hat that she wore through Halloween.  "Did you make that?" I asked her and she said, "Sensei Ai made it for me."
Sensei Ai made the bag too!  Such treasures!  Claire is SO FUNNY in that she has to take her "gumbrella" to school every day, even when there's not a cloud in the sky.  She, with the help of her fabulous Sensei, keeps track of everything really well though and helps me in the morning when I pack her backpack.  "I need my red hat!  Where's my shoes?  I need my towel!"  (They don't have paper towels there so the kids bring a little towel with a hook on it and hang it up by the sink so they can dry their hands after washing them.)
Loving Yochien.........not only is she getting a great cultural experience, they are teaching her responsibility as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment