Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Night

I wish I had more pictures, but a variety of things kept me from snapping away.  Poor little Gigi has had a fever of 102 - 104 over the past few days and was in no mood for her lamb costume.  Audrey was going to be a pirate, but tried it on and decided it was too small so she went as a gymnast (which was super cute!) and headed out the door with her friend Shaina (candy corn witch) before I got a picture of her.  Olivia wore Audrey's pirate costume since there were going to be no sheep/lambies to accompany her.  And Claire was Snow White as planned.

Claire's Sensei Ai and Sensei Chisano came to spend the holiday with us and we were so happy to have them!
They walked around with us and then stayed for dinner.
Claire was sooooooooooooooo pleased with the Trick 'r Treat concept.  She ran up to each house with sheer glee and at one house wished the Mom a "Happy Halloween!"
We were walking with Brianna from her Yochien and then Claire saw Ashlynn (devil) from her Yochien and couldn't wait to show her....she had candy in her bag!  Can you believe it?  You go up, say "Trick 'r Treat" and they give you candy!!!!!
The onslaught of children at 5:00 was like none other I have seen.  And I've seen some Trick 'r Treating in my day!  Everyone brings their Japanese friends on base and they have passes from 4:30 - 7:30.  What a fantastic American holiday!!!!!!  The Japanese kids were as pleased and polite as Claire!  Everyone carefully said "Trick or Treat" at the door.  Very sweet!!!!

The fire truck showed up around 6:30 or so and gave out full size candy bars.  WOW!  

For our dinner I made an old standby recipe of Creamy White Chili and had a salad and guacamole and chips.  They were a bit scared of the guacamole, but loved the soup!  Chisano's favorite thing is Dr Pepper so I had that on hand and Ai's favorite is Ranch dressing so I had a new bottle for the night.  Chisano wasn't driving though and when I offered her Dr Pepper/beer/wine, she asked for a wine cooler.  I sent Mick to the store to get some, but before we left we asked her what flavor and she said, "American flavor!"  :)  He bought some Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade and Smirnoff Green Apple.  I shared her fruitiness for the night and then we sent them home with a mixed six pack, the Dr. Pepper and the bottle of Ranch!  :)

Their English is really great and I wish I knew Japanese.  They are soooooooooooo sweet and we want to have them over again and again.  Claire was so sad at the end because she thought they were going to have a sleepover!  :)

At one point we got out the globe and shared where we had traveled in our lives.  Both Ai and Chisano have traveled a great deal.  They both have been all over Asia, Chisano has been to Australia, and they both have been to Tampa/Orlando.  I asked if they would come visit us in Omaha someday!  ☺

It was a really nice Halloween!  Thank you for coming Ai and Chisano and thank you for the wonderful care  you give my little Claire Bear!!!!!!
Such a busy day and night, I hadn't even had a chance to put make up on.  But I wanted a picture with these wonderful ladies!!!!  Chisano has the cat ear headband and Ai is in the white shirt.  xo

2 comments:

  1. Great stories Sue! I'm sorry your original costume ideas didn't work out, but it looks like everyone improvised and had a great time :) Hope Gigi is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is ryus mom there are wonderful pics i love them im so glad that claire had great time
    ryu had kind of tough night i brought him 171 haunted house he cried poor ryu... is gigi ok? hope she gets better

    ReplyDelete