Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Claire's Yochien Craft Fair

I need to interrupt the recounting of the Tokyo vacation to share with you the bounty of crafts that Claire's FABULOUS Sensei, Ai Haraishi, sent home yesterday!!!

There was a craft fair for the kids to showcase all of their hard work on Sunday and we, regrettably, missed it since we were in Tokyo.  Apparently all of the rooms are decorated to the hilt with all of the children's crafts and my fellow bus stop Moms told me that Claire's room was the CUTEST!   I'm so sorry I wasn't able to see it personally, but my fellow bus stop Mom, Megan, sent me these pictures of Claire's room.
In front of the little animals, were little bento boxes. 

Everything was set up like a restaurant. 

Do you remember the eye thing from the obstacle course race on Sports Day where Claire waited for Ryu?
 I grabbed Claire as soon as she got off the bus to take pictures of her crafts.

Claire is modeling her winter uniform next to the HUGE garbage bag full of goodies.  She is wearing leg warmers (very Japanese) with her skirt, and of course her hat.  You can see in the bottom right hand corner that she takes her "gumbrella" with her every time she leaves the house.  Even when there's not a cloud in the sky!  :)

The book that Claire-chan is holding is a little birthday book with a picture of Claire and Sensei Ai.  Sensei wrote "Dear Claire, Although this card is a little belated, I wish you a Happy Birthday.  May you have many more to come. From: Ai Hiraishi."  Isn't that the sweetest that since Claire started Kawashimo after her birthday, Ai wanted to make sure she had this special momento???

There were a few Christmas crafts that I will treasure and display always!

I asked Claire which was her favorite craft and she sat down in this little chair.  ☺

I had to enlist the help of Olivia to hold up all of the papers so we could see Claire-chan's beautiful art work!
Thanks for helping sisters!  ☺

I had Claire pick out another favorite craft.  This little house is SO cute and is made out of a milk carton. 

I loved this one!  Can you imagine the patience it took to paper mache a balloon with a class of 3 year olds?
I was talking to my Mom on Skype this morning and I picked up some of the crafts to show her and she said, "No wonder Claire loves yochien so much!  So many crafts, so much to do!"  It's true!  Yesterday we got up late after the long bus ride and I took the big girls to school first and when we started walking back to the car I said, "Let's go to yochien, Claire!" and I swear, she clicked her heels in the air and said, "YOCHIEN! I LUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVV YOCHIEN!!!!!!"

Thank you Sensei Ai 
and Kawashimo Yochien!!!!!  
You are AWESOME!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. There's just so much cuteness in this I don't even know where to start. Those are the best pre-school crafts I've ever seen!! Also, it will be interesting to see how Claire's Japanese style influences her wardrobe when she's a teenager. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete