Friday, September 3, 2010

Claire - Yochien Wrap Up

Claire did really well her first week at yochien!

The first full day, we anxiously awaited her arrival on the bus.  They don't come home until 3:30!

Here it comes!  (Please, oh please, don't let her be crying!)
 There she is!!!!!!!  All SMILES!!!!!!!

Thank you Sensei Chisano for bringing my little girl back home to me!

But then the Sensei tells me that she has a red mark on her chest and has been itching since the playground.  We look at it all night and it grows a bit.  I finally thought to draw around it with a marker to see if it would get bigger.  It doesn't and by morning, is pink, instead of red, and we can see three little marks where something bit her.

Also, tragedy struck at night because her special bunny and blanket (Why oh why OH WHY would I have been so stupid to send both of them in?) were left at school.  Rough night getting to sleep, rough night in the middle of the night when she woke up....rough night without bunny and blankie.  Sad.  :(

So the next morning, instead of putting her on the bus, I let her sleep in a bit and then drive her in with two index cards that Mick's fabulous, wonderful, stupendous secretary, Miss Mina-san, wrote that say (in English for me, in Japanese for the Senseis) "Claire Wagoner - send home" and "Claire Wagoner - leave at school."  And I look up the Japanese word for spider, which is kumo.  And mime "bite."

Oh, this is going too long.......anyway, we get it established which bag (small Princess backpack) will be "send home" and the stuff in the Lands End "Claire" bag will be left at school.  And the Senseis know that Claire doesn't have chicken pox, but something bit her and we're all good.

And she comes home happy again! (But no pictures.  I'm not going to show up each day at the bus stop with my camera.)

Whew!  What a first week this was!  Hooray for long weekends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment